16 August 2010

four wheels + feet = supaaaa speed!

I want nothing more than to roller skate today! So, roller skate I will. Pace and I began my cedar porch table project yesterday...it took a while to understand my new saw, but we figured it out. I want to work on it all the time, but it is hard to hold and cut wood alone, not to mention it is a trillion degrees outside and there is something about being covered in saw dust that doesn't make the heat more fun.

Pace and I also made delicious buckwheat pecan banana pancakes this morning and I drank a HUGE class of iced coffee that has my body tweaking out. Now, I am waiting for Karl to come over! KARL!!!!! I missed him. He has been traveling all summer, and I am so happy to have him home. More bike riding and gourmet meal cooking! AH HA!

Additionally, work for the Arabic Flagship Program is basically finished for the summer. My boss, and favorite person I work with, Chelsea, is moving on to a job at Maryland U. and I am pretty sad about it. I know that her new job will better complement her skills, as she is one of the most capable women I have ever met, but we will miss her greatly.

Also, I am getting antsy to dance! I think TuesGAYS and Barbarella has my name all over it this week. You can bet your bottom dollar I will be cutting a rug and sweating copious amounts, but I think this is the only way to do it right. But, Ashley A. will be out of town...I hope I can still have fun without her :(

Alright time to lean forward into the day.

"Leaning out as far as she can, hoping she'll fall soon, so she can stop worrying about whether it will happen or not." -Brian Andreas

1 comment:

Unknown said...

tell carl with a k that i said "i hate you". i love dancing at barbarella's maybe i will see you there tomorrow. love you.