18 August 2010

Big.

Sitting cross-legged on my big red couch, in my new home, at the beginning of this new year. Big breath in, big breath out. Big glass of wine, big full heart, big baggy pants and t-shirt, smile. If home is where the heart is, the biggest hunk of mine is here, and so here would be home. Besides endlessly studying for the GRE, I have been living well ever since work was over. I was working for the Arabic Flagship Program all summer. I love the women I worked with, the students (most, my friends), the faculty, etc. It made for a busy, but pleasant summer. But, now I can do fun summer things for a couple of days, which for me includes building some things, drinking wine, bike rides, sitting in book stores reading entire books, dancing until I look like I just went swimming, and enjoying some alone time. You can use alone time for all kinds of things, but usually I spend it compartmentalizing my other experiences, singing aloud to Paul Baribeau songs, or writing things down, or letters. If you ever want a letter, you should send me your address; I write often.
I will leave you with a bit of wisdom from P. Baribeau. His song, "Ten Things," is always a good tool for curing many of the more unlikable circumstances in life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1W81WkpUnY&feature=related

1 comment:

said...

i love you. you know that?