05 September 2010

when it gets rough, you just gotta get tough and/or have amazing friends

So, the week was "rough" to say the least. On top of having someone I admire, tell me I was a "disgrace to [my] discipline" and getting a stomach virus, while I was throwing up Tuesday afternoon I was the lucky recipient of an 'I just want to be friends...' text message. On top of feeling completely insulted, the following day I went to HEB where my car was vandalized. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that my car has been the victim of angry Zionist acting-out. The air was let out of my front two tires and my "Free Palestine, End the Occupation" sticker was mostly ripped off. By the time I got home, I was in desperate need of comfort and/or tequila. I cooked a decent dinner and then my beautiful wonderful friends and housemates came to the rescue. I was gifted many large cupcakes from Karl, hugged and loved by everyone, and then Ashley, Taylor, Jake, Dan and I went dancing! Barbarella 90s-ish music and crazy dancing sweating bike riding followed by a slumber party in Ashley's really warm yellow room and then morning smoothies. More biking. Hang-outs with Emma and Katie. And then good foods, home improvement, and Freaks and Geeks. CURED! by the wonderfulness of good company and biking/dancing. It really does work every time.

So, the lessons of this week are: bad things happen in 4's, not 3's, dancing is kind of a drug, and building things with your own two hands is the new best idea ever.

No comments: